Delayed Retail Theft Reporting
Before reporting the Retail Theft, please follow the below for proper reporting procedures:
Contact the Greenfield Police Department Contact the Greenfield Police Department IMMEDIATELY if:
- Retail Theft is occurring right now or has just occurred, or;
- The suspect is in custody, or;
- The suspect physically resisted or was armed with a weapon, or;
- Any employee or bystander was injured, or;
- Retail Theft is discovered at a later date (video review) AND the amount is OVER $1,000.00
Complete a Retail Theft Packet if any of the below situations apply:
- If there is any reporting delay as a result of store policy or procedures.
- Retail Theft is discovered at a later date (video review) AND the amount is UNDER $1,000.00.
- PACKET MUST CONTAIN ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW:
- Full and complete report (on your form or ours) with a description of the incident, signed the by reporting party.
- Name, date of birth, address, phone number and position of the reporting party.
- List of all witnesses including:
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Description of their observances
- Full list of property stolen or damaged including full description of the item and the stock number, SKU or UPC. In cases where a serial number is available, include the serial number.
- Complete description of the suspect(s) and vehicle(s) including names (if available) and license plate (if available).
- Copies of any relevant surveillance video including:
- Still images of any suspect or vehicle
- Description (in the incident report) of the activity observed on the video and the specific location of the activity (time stamp) on the video
- A description and full information regarding any related incidents at this store or other stores.
RETAIL THEFT PACKET ONLINE REPORTING
CLICK HERE to fill out AND submit the application online.
***Please note, you can attach video surveillance and photos within the form***
RETAIL THEFT PACKET PAPER REPORTING
PRINT the forms below:
When the reports are complete, please deliver the entire packet to:
Greenfield Police Department
5300 West Layton Avenue
Greenfield, WI 53220