Licensing Information and Applications


* Before an application for an Alcohol Beverage License is filed in the City Clerk’s office, applicants must begin the approval process by contacting:

1.    Charles Erickson, Community Development Manager, at (414) 329-5342, for review by the Plan Commission. 

2.    Mary Kapelis, Environmental Health Specialist, at (414) 329-5267, for review by the Health Dept.

3.    The Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue at (414) 227-4000 or  to obtain a Wisconsin Seller’s Permit.  This can also be obtained at the Wisconsin State Office Building, 819 N. 6th St., Room 408, in Milwaukee.

4.    The Internal Revenue Service to obtain a Federal Employer Identification number.  For more information, or to apply online, go to:,,id=102767,00.html

The Community Development and Inspection Services Division  are responsible for providing applications and issuing various permits including:

  • Building Permits
  • Plumbing or Electrical Permits